Wednesday, August 10, 2005

We both are very tired but decide to carry on. Back on the road and it’s dark and driving in the dark for hours will wear you down fast. We started stopping every 35-40 miles for a break and to wake up. Man, were we tired. It was about 120 miles from Reno that we pulled over on a exit (I80) and decided to try to take a nap on the bike. It’s dark and in the middle of the desert. You can sleep on your bike. I just laid back on my packed stuff and my helmet acted as a pillow. I put one foot on the ground and the other over the tank. It’s about 4:30am and ended up getting about a hour and a half before we feel good enough to hit the road. By the time we left the sun was coming up.

Back on the road and on to Ronnie’s house. I went in laid on his couch and slept for about 4 hours. Said my good byes to Ronnie (he is such a great friend) and headed over the hill home. When I left Ronnie’s house it was mid afternoon and hot! I had the sun all the way back and got a little more red. I was good to pull into the driveway after so many miles. Total miles were 3440.

I wish to thank both Ronnie and Jim for such a great trip, that I couldn’t have taken without them. Thank you brothers!

Polovison

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home